What is CAREERfest
CAREERfest is an event bringing together:
- employers with job opportunities, now or in the future
- training providers showcasing career opportunities
- local students and young job seekers looking to study for a career or enter the workforce
How it works
CAREERfest gets everyone in the room at the same time – that’s when connections are made opportunities are taken:
- employers can recruit directly through CAREERfest
- training providers can promote their courses
- young people can discover what Porirua has to offer
When and Where
We’re looking forwarding to bringing you CAREERfest 2021. Check back here for the latest updates, dates and times.
Why get involved in CAREERfest?
CAREERfest gives YOU the chance to:
- connect with other like-minded people
- engage with local students
- meet interview-ready young job seekers
- invest in your future workforce by employing talented young people
- share your wealth of knowledge and experience
- raise your profile and demonstrate your support to Porirua
Our last Porirua CAREERfest held in 2019 was a great success, with over 40 businesses and training providers showcasing opportunities to hundreds of young people looking for work or interested in studying for a career. The employers were genuinely committed to providing information that the young people needed and training providers promoted a wide range of career development opportunities. Based on the success of previous JOBfests, many of their interactions will turn into tangible employment opportunities.
Without the support of amazing sponsors CAREERfest wouldn’t take place. We’d like to thank all those sponsors that supported us and got behind CAREERfest 2019: Porirua City Council, HLC, Tu Ora Compass Health, Whitireia and Graeme Dingle Foundation. THANK YOU!
To find out more, contact:
Workforce Development Manager
mobile: 021 0260 8404
Career Pathways Coordinator
mobile: 027 539 0244